I'd had a Motorola v710 from Verizon for over 2 years and then last week I turned it on and the screen just kept flickering and eventually faded out. I used the phone only occasionally, primarily to test mobile websites and applications. I took the phone to Verizon and they said the battery was fried. Apparently my charging the battery overnight - which I have done with nearly every cell phone I have ever used - was what killed the battery. Verizon store reps are now regularly telling customers not to charge their phones overnight.
Four reasons not to charge your cell phone overnight:
1. Reduces your phone battery's ability to keep a charge
2. May ultimately kill your phone's battery
3. Wastes electricity - bad for your bank account
4. Wastes electricity - bad for the environment